View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #4219
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by arraflipper View Post
I got my new Montana 650 yesterday afternoon, it was here when I got home from work. Charged it up and tried to load the DVD of C N. My connection speed was to slow, and I was having trouble so took it to a computer guy. Even with his high speed internet it took almost an hour to load and get all the updates. Wow a lot to learn but am gaining, I guess. I programed it to an address three miles away, true to all the other Garmin GPS it missed it by three tenths of a mile. I had hoped Garmin had changed it as I have delivery drivers that always have trouble as Garmin turns them the wrong direction at the intersection. I had taken a picture of my house just playing with the camera. I used the picture as a location and it brought me back to the spot I had taken the picture, so maybe there is some hope. This is going to be interesting, for sure to learn all it has to offer.
The Address geocoding in the Navteq map data that Garmin uses for City Navigator is the problem. You can report these conditions to Navteq directly and to Garmin.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote