Thread: Exploring India
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
arn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Sure, we should be able to meet, as you will be landing in Mumbai, besides I know Andy as well.

Have you visited India before? It may take you some time to come to terms with the traffic. At that time of the year, the roads may be in poor shape too. As far as beaches are concerned, Kashid/Murud or Guhagar are both do able, but it would be far less hectic if you could plan an overnight stay. I think the ferry that takes you to Murud Janjira fort is operational only from September onwards, but if you like historical monuments, this ancient sea fort is one of those things you cannot miss. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=2395

Guhagar has a 5km long beach (completely uncrowded), and plenty of places to stay/eat. If going to Murud, the place to stay would be Alibag, about 60 km away again, lots of reasonable hotels, with two lovely beaches Kihim (to the North) and Kashid (to the South). Alibag also has a crappy little beach, but it's better used as a base to visit surrounding areas as compared to Murud.

Closer to Pune - Mulshi lake, Malshej Ghat, and Lonavla. All these are day trips but the latter two are to be avoided at all costs during the weekends.

PS: Once you finalize your destinations, I may be able to provide you GPS tracks to follow
PPS: Very few ADVRs in India, but there is at least one in Pune

arn screwed with this post 07-05-2012 at 02:50 PM Reason: more info
arn is offline   Reply With Quote