View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #21
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
Next it was time to setup the baseplate. The crankcase breather check valve and Temp Sensor need to be installed onto the Rottweiler baseplate.

Once the baseplate is mounted on the bike I rerouted the crankcase breather cutting about 1.5 inches off before it would match up to the check value. Then I tied to connect the temp sensor wire.

But it's not long enough. I've checked everywhere and there is no way for me to get the extra inch or two needed to connect the connector to the Temp Sensor

A customer alerted us to this thread and we wanted to let everyone know that this MAP sensor issue has been fixed early on. For some reason our test bikes had more than enough wire length to meet up but some bikes do not. Probably a difference in who was making the harnesses. We have since moved the map sensor to the front of the base plate where A: It cannot interfere with the throttle plates if installed improperly and B: The wire loom will easily reach it. All of our dealers have these models now. (We also stopped putting those impossible to remove stickers on the plate, sorry about that!)

Moto-treks, thank you for posting this how to and the kind words. It still thrills us to see when our customers find such great results from our Rottweiler Filter. Be safe and most of all, have a great ride!

CPRFAB screwed with this post 07-06-2012 at 05:10 PM
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote