View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
Motourer
n00b

Oddometer: 1
All set and 'ready-to-roll', i see...! :)
Good-Luck & happy trails out there, Manish!
Looking forward to reading your story as also some 'amazing' photographs! ;-)
Cheers!
Sats

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurgaonTrails View Post
A good friend works for Bering, a French bike gear maker. They have great stuff and I get great prices...:)

Bering Newton jacket - Three layer with removable waterproof and thermal layers. While I've been using a Dainese goretext two layer jacket, this time I'll try out the three layer thing. May be hugely inconvenient when it rains suddenly, but on dry days the large air vents and lighter weight should be nice.

Bering Odyssee pants - Again three layer with waterproof cargo pockets, air vents and adjustable knee straps. Used Bering goretext two layer in the past......but looking forward to the lighter materials for the heat.

Alpinestars Jet - boots - Trusty goretex boots, used for about 5000kms of rides already.....hope they last, looking in good health for now.

Wolfman Explorer Lite tankbag- After much thinking, got this one. Fixed it today and all seems fine. Doesnt come in the way while standing up, fits snug. And it swallows half a mountain of stuff!

Cameron Adelaide pannier bags - I'm a big fan of soft luggage and these are great. Compact(ish) in size and are expandable to nearly twice their original size. The come with a drybag layer which I have fitted inside. Cameron is a sub-brand of Bering too.

LaFuma tent - Three man, will be used for two. Waterproof three season tent. And LaFuma sleeping bags.

The panniers/saddlebags are full of clothes already, despite taking bare minimum stuff. Gotta consider 40c heat freezing to -5c cold along the way, with rain thrown in and no washing along the way......

So a random small bag will go on the tail with spares and tools etc. And then Bering perforated leather gloves for the heat and Reusch goretex winter gloves rounds it all up.

Wolfman mounting test today
Motourer is offline   Reply With Quote