View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,277
Last year I saw 3 Urals w/ 2wd up in the Gilla NF, in NM. They were camping just a mile or so west of BeaverHead station.

I rode up on my WR250x & we all had tons of question for the other. They wanted to know where they were & I wanted to know more about their trip. All had stock exhaust system & all where beat up pretty bad (exhaust).

One was a Patrol & the other 2 were Gear UPs. Extra fuel they had & plenty of food/water too. They had been out for 3 days & headed to either El Paso or Albuquerque. These old guys were having a blast & really were enjoying their equipment.

Never have I seen a tri off the pavement let alone in the way back FS roads.

Spent the night at their camp & ate like a king....for camping out.

Never seen sidecars out & about unless there was some event for them. My brother now has a Gear Up & he cannot find anyone to ride w/ him except DS bike riders.

Have read & seen pix about the high dollar sidecar additions to BMW, VStrom etc for DS riding, but never seen them in the dirt roads & always on the street in pix.

I guess once you had to push one of these add-on-sidecars backwards, you'll never leave the pavement again.
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote