View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #13483
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
So, last weekend I got my center stand installed - best farkle on the bike so far ...

And today the 15mm raising links arrived and I got them installed:

I installed just the links, then did a short test ride. I might imagine it but I think it falls just ever so slightly quicker into corners. Not a big difference, but I think it's noticeable. I'll know more when I have a chance to go out and ride my favorite routes.

After that I moved the front forks down so that they sit flush with the upper fork clamp now. That gives me about 4mm more in the front and 15mm in the rear. Long term we'll see whether I'm still dragging the foot pegs. Probably - though just a bit later and maybe not as often.

But one thing is certain: I'm very happy that I bought only the 15mm raising links.

The rear wheel is still about 10mm off the ground when the bike is on the standard Roadie center stand, it doesn't lean much further on the side stand and I didn't notice any other issues with this.

The next step will be to get the front suspension upgraded. Want to look into getting Traxxion AK-20 fork cartridges installed. Then have the seat re-worked to be about 20mm higher and more comfy, get some Pivot Pegz with rubber tops (heavier - might reduce vibration just a bit more than the standard pegs without the rubber thingy in), install the heated grips which sit in the garage now for 4 months already, get either some Bark Buster Storm handguards or the ones from the Tiger 1050, look into luggage. This bike seems to really get a royal treatment with me ...
Was the main reason you installed the raising links to get more clearance when leaning?
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote