View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #27
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,906
Days 2 thru 5

After riding thru 100+ degree heat, it was nice to hit the coast. It was in the 70's while I was wine tasting in Santa Lucia. I visited 3 wineries and then heading up to Pacifica for some Margaritas with my buddy Charley and the wine and dinner that night in San Mateo with my buddy Chris.

Friday, I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge sporting a hang over from all the good wine and margaritas and went for a hike with Aaron at Pt Reyes. After the hike we road our bikes up the coast on some of the best roads in the world. I took a lot of video and I need to figure out how to post video.

That night, I camped along the Russian River and the next morning went in search of a new rear tire for my machine. I found a K60 Scout at Santa Rosa BMW. I broke out my tools to see if I could remove the wheel myself in the parking lot but realized that I couldn't do it with the tools I was carrying. The cool part, a mechanic watched me struggle with the tire and came out and handed me a snap on tool to get the job done. I thought that was really cool. So if you need something for your BMW or Triumph, stop on by. Plus the tire was a reasonable cost and they mounted my tire and had me back on the road right away!!!

Later that day, I hit a couple of more wineries in Dry Creek Valley including Nalle (one of the best Zin's around).

Right now I am in Mendocino in Jim's brother's house along the coast. It is definately a few steps above my tent. I will post some pictures later. I will look forward to hearing from you