View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #97
jaumev OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,476
This week I pick my bike from ACD headquarters.
The skid plate is not finished, they think in three weeks they could have the second prototype that probably is going to be the definitive.
They said the crash test I did was very good to understand the weak point of the plate, in fact they where some marks where the plate hits the sump (it wasn’t a foam) so this helps to redesign the bottom part of the plate.
I was with them lot of time, they show me how difficult is the design of such a big plate to a very heavy bike without frame under the engine, now I understand why it takes so long, it was very interesting.
Looking my crash test video (they said I’m crazy ) they also considered the option to build a sub-frame but finally they redesign most of the plate, adding a steel frame on the back witch is going to add lot of rigidity and some folding to the same purpose on the bottom part of the plate. They are convinced this is going to be enough even to me…. . The drawings look very good.
I asked them why they don’t use the crash bars supports, and they sow me why, its difficult to explain, but basically it ads lot of material and complicates a lot the manufacture for no much improvement.
They change the square box to the oil filter with I don’t like much for a circular one that it looks better. They are also looking for a different side holes design.
So, I hope in two or three weeks I can have the new one and I show you.

jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote