View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #876
Guy Jinbaiquerre
Monorail Conductor

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hi Guy,

You have lots of questions and I will try to address them as best I can in this format, but it would be worth giving us a call if you have the time. The in-depth nature of your questions and comparison across different genres of gear should be addressed in a conversation.
My first reaction is to suggest going with what you know works for you and purchase the Dainese Tourage Jacket in size 50. Given the differences in fit across the model years and type of gear in the REV'IT! collection you've referenced, it might be cost prohibitive for international shipping and / or returns. Unfortunately, the REV'IT! Horizon does not fit like any other REV'IT! product you mentioned you've tried on previously, so fit might be tricky to determine. Based off what you have stated, I would recommend a size Medium in the Horizon, as it fits larger than the Sand Jacket.
In addition, the Horizon is geared towards cooler weather riding, as the waterproofing is fixed in this jacket. If you are looking for something for year-round use, this might be a little warm in the heat of summer, especially if you live in a humid climate.
As I previously mentioned, I personally am available to chat if you would like to discuss further. I am well versed in the REV'IT! collection and would be happy to help you make a selection.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Thanks, Ali, I'll be giving you a call so I can make up my mind. I've started looking at some of the Dainese textile jackets, too, since maybe those will give me the good fit of the Tourage, plus Gore-tex (which the Rev'it Horizon does not have). Looking forward to sorting everything out with you on the phone.
Guy Jinbaiquerre is offline   Reply With Quote