View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #49
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,107
Had to turn around to get a good shot of these windmills, which were amazing to see spinning effortlessly (and rapidly) at such a close distance. I would have loved to see what one of those blades would do to a pigeon mid-flight!

Was loving the (mostly) empty and desolate roads:

And the light sprinkle turned into a light rain.

Not a big deal, I was on fairly straight roads and have years of commuting-in-the rain experience on Sportbike tires. I was worried about the laptop in my backpack, though. Had to stop, put on a windbreaker and did what I could to keep dry.

There was literally no shelter around and it made me think about all the cowboys and pony-express couriers who had to deal with the elements without benefit of GoreTex, insulated gloves and heated Audi butt warmers. Course, I was probably worse off than any pioneer-types who at least had enough sense to coat their boots and jackets with wax.

And this was what I was riding into.

Didn't look too bad. Plus it was still in the low 70s. A little rain and some wind (I thought) would be much better than the 100+ degree temps of Reno-Salt Lake.

Soon thereafter, though, the sky darkened like a stain. And it wasn't flowers falling from the sky.

AntiHero screwed with this post 06-21-2014 at 02:01 AM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote