View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,614
Another really cool thing about Old Stage / Gold Camp is these huge dirt bridges they built between mountains. It was like riding across a giant dam of dirt that was holding no water back. Really cool and a neat sensation to be riding on the treeline.

As you can see, the rain just kept following us.

Then as you enter the canyon on the other side...

Then its time to start descending. Before the descent though you get to ride through some Aspen forests, and I wish I had taken more pics there. They were neat, not something we have in Georgia.

On the way down...

You get to cross this cool wooden bridge.

And another tunnel....

From there we hit the old mining town of Victor. I will have to come back to this town sometime with a lot of film. It was raining pretty hard by this time, and a little chilly. I did not stop (regretfully) or take any pics of the next road, Phantom Canyon Rd. I do think Lucky got some pics of the neat RED bridge on this road though. It was another scenic road, not too challenging at all, that headed south towards Canon (or Canyon apparently) City where we got a room at the Travel Inn for the night. We stayed at mom n pop motels most of the time. We took camping gear but camped only 2 nights. Afternoon rains really became a pain in the butt for setting up camp, and at the end of the day, a hot shower and a bed were great to have. We decided next year we'd abandon the romance of camping each night and instead get a cheap mom n pop motel room each night. We met some great people at these places. Loved it.

flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote