View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #63
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 888
The weather leaving Grand Junction, CO, looked like it could go either way. but fortunately temps were extremely mild and there was a nice cool breeze.

(My tweets are all out of order, btw...I need to work on a better system!

Seeing all the green on the map gave me hope that the ride to Boulder would be awesome.

I got off at a lot of exits to explore the surrounding areas and prove that you don't need a 700lb Adventure bike to ride in the dirt.

Certain sections reminded me a lot of Death Valley:

The coolest part about this section of the trip was I really felt like I was on a planet. We tend to think of Venus and Jupiter and Neptune as planets, but often don't realize that we're on one too. It's easy to get swept away imagining what it would be like to 4x4 on Mars or how fun it would be to explore Saturn's (possibly life-sustaining) moon Titan. And I think if it was reasonable to get there not many would pass up an opportunity to visit. Yet here we are on this massive, awesome planet ourselves and the average person sees so little of it. Anyhow....the unique and unfamiliar geological formations really made me feel like I was indeed on a different planet and I enjoyed every second of it--so much so that cars were passing me as I was just cruising and taking it all in.

AntiHero screwed with this post 06-21-2014 at 01:02 AM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote