View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 04:17 AM   #92
BrittC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzidzit View Post
I did have a small problem with the ntx, a loose connector and blown fuse, lead to a flat battery late saturday night on the way back to knoxville. (I slept on a table at an abandoned store outside Turtletown Tn, on rt60). Hitched a ride to Ducktown (no cell service where I was "camping") and called the guys at RH first thing sunday morning. They got a trailer and picked me up in Ducktown and then the ntx ~20 miles away, and went back to the store. They had already charged a new battery for me and were ready to look at the bike. At about 7:30 they found the very minor problem re-ran all the electronics checks and sent me out all good with the new battery. The really nice part is they comped me a room in Dhlonaga for the night so I could get cleaned up and sleep before the trip back, first class I did not ask for. I was feeling pretty grubby, I had not planned to stay or camp, I was lucky that store had a hose bib behind it so there was water at least as it was in the high 90s when i left.

There is ONE CORRECTION to the owners manual!!!! The manual shows the secondary fuse panel behind the rt fairing!! IT AINT THERE NO MORE THE GAS TANK IS!!! it is behind a small panel on the rt side of the bike right under your rt thigh!! just a fyi
Jon

Now that is a first class dealership!
http://britt-motorcycling.blogspot.com
BrittC is offline   Reply With Quote