View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #14
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,598
Great pics, Lucky. I'd say you definitely took more than me. Of course, my camera did break halfway through. I actually had more pics on it than I thought I would.

So, we wake up from spending the night in a room next to a villain from James Bond who is there giving free dentistry to kids who can't afford it. His teeth were like Jaws so we found this a little strange. Anyway, nice guy nonetheless.

From Canon City we tried to ride Skyline Dr, however its a one-way road, and we didn't know which direction of travel it went and we guessed wrong. For anyone wanting to ride it, you need to enter off US 50 and ride INTO town, you can't ride out of town on it. Bummer we didn't know that.

So we rode up to the Ute Trail. This road has a lot of history to it that is worth reading into if you feel so inclined.

But what we ADV-type care about is its over 40 miles of dirt. . The road is easy to ride. I bet any bike could do it easily. It has some nice views. Some twists, some super-fast straights. Some cows in the road. Check it out:

A little video to show how desolate it is out there. Love it.

About 3/4 of the way down the Ute Trail, I was bored with graded easy gravel and out of the corner of my eye managed to find us something that ended up being more than we were looking for....
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote