View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #155
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer: 2,269
Alva, ok > Liberal, KS

Basically it's a 178-200 mile trip depending which TAT route(s) you've taken or having to re-route which I had to do.
I am in no hurry, am on vacation and wanted to smell the flowers, divert to some towns, visit historical places. The actual route I designed was to run from Alva, OK to Boise, OK- which is a distance of 305 miles...hot weather and personal interest made me break the route in half..thus a stop in Liberal, KS land of Oz! And to my amazement they have NO St'Bucks.

More Faces of the Oklahoma TAT-Day 3

Even encountered traffic .

Then this is what I have been seeking. Obligatory stop for a TAT'er. Located at: N 36 57.996; W 099 08.985

THE COWBOY CEMETERY

Forgot to take the coordinates of this re-route. Since I carried the old Oklahoma TATmaps that's probably why. I also normally ride and look if I can squeeze through of whatever the "closed" or "dead end" has to show. I saw a truck coming up and asked the guy what was down there. It's fully closed and he himself had to turn back..so I did follow him to a re-route: #64.

A short re0route onto #64 led me to this Town..forgot the name...aarrgghhhh...

Senorita Laurie no habla Ingles! Sign language did itUniversal language of the world

Back on the TAT..

More traffic...

The high desert of Oklahoma...notice the terrain and vegetation. Not far away from the western section: New Mexico

Survival food ?? No idea what it is...maybe some Okies can chime in..

Gotta do some laundry today but the laundromat is closed...sniff, sniff

Tribute to the old girl "Brunhilde" that has carried me far and wide....

Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote