View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 989
Left peaceful Crestone today :(
Part of me wanted to stay, and part of me had to go.
I get restless when I stay somewhere too long, no matter how beautiful.
While back on the road riding and looking at the scenery I started to wonder if I am running from something or toward something. Then a gorgeous scene pops in front of me, and it feels like I am part of a show I am watching, totally connected to the beauty of my surroundings, and it doesn't matter anymore if I am running from or to. The only thing that matters is the amazing nature around me and being able to experience it.

I rode from Crestone to Durango today, and just loved the ride.

Every time I go through a gorgeous area, coming into a city or even town gets harder and harder to handle. I really don't like the noise and crowds. But I can deal with it for just a little while. Have to get some better oil for Spirit, and some batteries for my flash light.
Tomorrow I will ride the million dollar Hwy that Hondo suggested, and hopefully camp at Ridgeway somewhere. I do like that little town.
I just hope that Spirit will be ok on the road into the mountains, she's been stuttering sometimes, like she's not getting any gas.
I wonder if my petcock is causing the trouble or my float. Oh boy, I really do not like trouble, makes it hard to really enjoy oneself!

Of course I thought that West Fest started the 23rd, I have no idea why, so now I am way to early in the Lake George area. I might just head to Kansas for a while to visit a friend.

Thought this was pretty funny, it says "Don't even think of parking here"

NomadGal screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 01:50 PM
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote