View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #33
Earl of Portchester OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
The Portsdown Inn, Portchester.

The Portsdown Inn is my old 'Local'. My Grandfather attended the opening day and I remember my Dad going into the off licence to get his bottles of stout.

Unfortunatly the pub has now got a bad reputation and receintly was ordered to close after police warned that someone would be killed there if it was allowed to remain open. Hampshire Constabulary called for the pub to have its licence reviewed following a fight there in January. According to police reports, a man came to the pub at about 2.30am with a baseball bat and began smashing windows. The landlady was holding a lock-in at the time, selling drinks illegally after hours. When the man began smashing windows, drinkers from the pub rushed out and attacked him, leaving him with ‘serious injuries’ including a broken leg and head injuries. There had also been five other serious incidents at the pub since 2010 involving a knuckle-duster, a stabbing, an attack with a glass, and a drinker having part of their ear bitten off.

News report: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/loc...legs-1-3467726

Obviously the neighbourhood went down hill after I moved out!

www.guzzista.com/

Earl of Portchester screwed with this post 07-20-2012 at 08:00 AM Reason: Earl can't spell!
Earl of Portchester is offline   Reply With Quote