Thread: Peaklife GPS
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #30
TwoUpTourer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
I also bought one of these, $126 delivered. I expected a light flimsy device, but it is actually quite heavy, and the handlebar mount is is diecast aluminium, which I expected to be plastic.
So far I'm only riding dirt country roads, and it works great. For the price it is the difference between having one or not, as a Zumo is just not on the budgetary horizon. Prefer a new set of tyres.

I just wanted something that told me where I was, and easy to use, and on both counts it succeeds. When I bought mine, I just asked whether Australian maps were included, and they quickly responded and said no problem, and trued to their word, I just turned it on and it worked, nothing else to do, which is all I wanted. I really did not want to mess about loading this and that and rooting etc etc. I found a stray plug under the seat of my BMW F650GS, and wired it to that, taking advantage of the wiring loom, and the GPS software automatically goes into a 10 second shutdown routine when I turn the ignition off, which I really like, avoiding having to press the button on the side for 5 seconds to turn it off.

I have a 5" chinese GPS in my car, also IGo8, so it was dejavu for me, but this version has a march larger arrow head so that it it quick to find in a quick glance. I haven't messed with the Bluetooth side of it, or the MP3 player, but it does have quite loud sound for a small gadget.

Like someone else said, if I get a few years out of, I will be very pleased, and happy to upgrade when the time comes. Its easy to use, accurate, and does the job for a really cheap price. Recommended!
TwoUpTourer is offline   Reply With Quote