View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #101
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel grinder View Post
Really interested in reading the Stelvio review, but I can't see it anywhere in the July 2012 issue of the magazine. I'm REALLY leaning towards a Stelvio purchase, but like many have some reservations about service, parts and long term reliability. Not really different than any other 2 wheeled unit, just such a limited number on the road (which is a very good thing in my opinion). I have a dealer an hour away........and 1 in stock......
Long term reliability isn't an issue with Guzzis. They are very robust....once you get through the "teething pains" that can occur with them from new. It's my understanding that under Piaggio's rule, those early issues have been significantly reduced (I owned an '08 Norge that had some early problems, but that was before Piaggio bought Guzzi), and if true, it should be a relatively trouble-free machine. I'll know soon enough as I pick my new NTX up next week.

-SM

Sock Monkey screwed with this post 07-21-2012 at 08:28 PM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote