View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #31
GrizzLee
RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsland Rider View Post
Hi Naomi and Alberto

Great pics and RR. Last summer my wife and I did a 5000km loop through southern BC, into Alberta, and ending up in Bella Coola. It never ceases to amaze me what an incredible province BC is and how lucky we are to call it home!! In the area that you are now in, we came across a couple of young grizzly's and also had to stop due to three very large bulls deciding to rest in the middle of the highway!!

Our ferry ride also turned into an adventure as we had to anchor overnight due to bad weather in the Queen Charlotte Strait. The ferry ride turned into a 32 hour trip!! The staff on board were amazing and took very good care of us. I have never been so envious of motorhome owners as we had to sleep on the floor sharing one pillow and blanket. It all adds to the adventure though.

Take care and keep the pics coming.
Bryan
Hey Bryan,

I remember meeting you and your wife at the Hotel in Bella Coola (Bella Coola Inn?). I had to stay there, because the RCMP wouldn't let me camp due to the Salmon running = Lots of Bears. You mentioned getting a bigger tank for your GS. Hope all is well.

I'm going again this fall... same time sligthly different route. More dirt.

BTW: Great pics and RR. I can see some of the places I missed and some great places to camp. Keep 'em coming.
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars

GrizzLee screwed with this post 07-22-2012 at 10:09 PM Reason: spelling... I'm an engineeer, not an english expert
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote