View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #61
ggamster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight Who Says Ni View Post
I've only seen two there recently. One of them was being sold for financial reasons. And guess what, he found a way to swing to the payments and is now keeping it http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809694

The other one was sold by MoBill who put 15,000 miles on it. No sure what his reasons were, but as far as what I read here he seemed pretty happy with it.

the lack of used Teneres in itself should tell you something
That's ME! I love the bike and I get to keep it! I switch bikes all the time. There is no other bike on the market I would rather have. I have had a lot considering I am 33. I have studied them all. The Super Tenere is great. I hear things sometimes negative about how it does off road but I have never seen any piece of sales literature where they say "take this to the MX track and Win or Be a beast at your local hair scramble". I have road the bike about 110mph for distance and get great mpg, no oil burn ext. I have had it on wide slow single/double track and it does better than my two F800GS's and my 1200GS all mostly stock. I can tell you that there is no better all around bike.
ggamster is offline   Reply With Quote