View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #191
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingtom View Post
Don't know much about the Seahorse, but I've had the Storm and the Pelicans. The Pelicans are bad ass.

If they would just make a case with the dimensions of the 1520 that was a top loader.....w/o wheels.
The seahorse are a cheap knock-off.
Seriously, they are not quite as rigid, but are bit lighter, a bit smaller, but carry the same warranty. For bike luggage they work fine for me. Some may find them too small. The good news is that they are $48 each.

The i2600 or 1550 is going to be so close to your 1520 that once mounted you won't be able to tell the difference.

Online discounters sell the storms and pellicans for right at about $100.

MEI has cylinder locks if you think you really need them. www.casesbymasco.com These guys have all this stuff in stock, at cheap prices, and ship same day.

EDIT: BTW, some time ago a ADV guy did a complete side by side comparo on Pelican and Storm cases. The storms are a little nicer to look at and a little nicer to use. If anyone wants the link I can dig it up. Both Twisted Throttle and Carribou Cases offer the storm i2600 case in their pannier systems. They're really a nice case.

Also, on the 1520 vs 1550 size, the length and width is about an inch different. The smaller one is also an inch shallower and that does not help in packing. Makes so little difference in overall width on the bike that it's not even worth noting.

browneye screwed with this post 07-25-2012 at 09:21 AM
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote