View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #1531
LoneTraveler
Captain Zoomtastic

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
you've obviously ridden one you tell us.
Aha! I was waiting for when you'd come in here and start shitting all over the place.

To be honest, I don't think I'd want to even consider riding something that expensive. Just the thought of a possible issue, be it a rock chip, someone hitting me from behind, and so on, would be enough to put me off a test ride, at that price point.

I am rooting for these guys, though, by all means. My thinking is, though, that companies who put all their eggs into one very expensive basket often do not survive very long.

Look at Fiat: the 500 is not selling well, at all. Smart is starting to see a decline in sales as well. These are a niche car product, so consider how low the volume is going to be with not just a motorcycle, but a sport-tourer to boot.

I love the idea of this bike, the very concept of it makes me fizz. Who knows, maybe this will be the bargain of the decade on the used market in a few years. I certainly hope so...

LoneTraveler screwed with this post 07-25-2012 at 11:44 AM Reason: Corrected 'nice' to 'niche'
LoneTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote