View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #24
Grinch
Belt-fed Jackass

Oddometer: 96
Desierto III issue...Help!

Talk about timing....I have a Touratech issue/question. I am thinking about buying a Desierto III for my 2012 GSA from another inmate. The question is...he has the model for the '08+ GS (not GSA). The part numbers on Touratech's web site are different for the '08+ GS and the '08+ GSA. Looking at the installation instructions they appear identical. The current owner called Touratech and said that he was told that all the basic parts are the same except for the lower brackets that attach near the tank (since the GSA tank is wider). Is this correct? If it is I should be able to order the corresponding part and the system should work fine. I would assume that Touratech has some type of internal part numbers for each individual component of the Desierto and would think that comparing these numbers would tell exactly what parts are the same and which are different. I just don't want to buy it and get stuck with a system that doesn't work on my bike because it's major components are different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Judd aka Grinch

"Give me a diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a G-D hurry. " - Sheriff Buford T. Justice
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote