View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
epicxcrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 646
Day 2

Saturday was an early morning for everyone, especially our host Dani who woke up to make us all an amazing breakfast before we headed East. Our destination today would be Yosemite. We would be seeing Nick and Dani again soon, but I’ll get into those details later on...

Nick took a quick ride on my F8 and then we were off through the valley. I’ll let the photos do the talking.

Living out of a motorcycle was a first for all of us. We had taken a few shakedown overnight trips to make sure we had the gear we needed, but as we left the valley and cruised through endless almond farms the sense of adventure set in. I also quickly learned that the range of the DR650 is nowhere near that of an F8 and we would be stopping for gas quite often ;)
Eventually this would work itself out as after about 100 miles we were all ready for a few minutes standing around.

The scenery varied greatly as we rode East out of the valley and into the plains, slowly approaching the mountains. One immediate and positive change from New England was that people drove quickly - or at least at the speed limit.

As we rode inland, the temperature started climbing from chilly - through comfortable - to quite hot. It stayed in the upper 80’s as we climbed even higher out of the irrigated areas to where larger trees grow naturally.

The road really started to climb as we approached the foothills of Yosemite. Rounding a corner I was treated to a view of the upcoming road and really started to get excited...

Shift back, lean forward - drop a couple gears and GO. Perfect pavement and no traffic this time. Corner after corner we really started getting into it, dropping in a little further until the boots start scraping. This is why I’m on a dual sport. Amazing road, simply amazing.

epicxcrider screwed with this post 07-30-2012 at 06:56 AM
epicxcrider is offline   Reply With Quote