View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
dirtysouthjacket OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
So in the past two months, I've got a good bit of riding in. Close to 6k miles since I purchased the KLR in mid March. Quick catch up on some of the more memorable trips

Went to Charlestons for the local ADV dinner, had a great time! Got to hang out on a boat and got rained on the whole way there and back.

Went to Uwharrie Forest in NC to ride offroad trails with lostmarbles. Also had a blast and tore a bunch of shit off the bike on a rock climb. Up to this point I'm now at 13 drops on trails for the KLR. The worst one wasn't even me, but a dude in a Jeep just decided to jump on the bike and ride it up the last bit of trail to the top. He ended up falling off, breaking the clutch lever, bending the shit out of the left crash bar, and bloodying up his knee pretty good. I was too exhausted to be pissed. It was tough to ride the bike with no clutch, but once I figured out how to get it in and out of first, I was able to ride it out of the woods and back to Charlotte without many problems. I'll post some pics from after we got out of the trails.

Organized a short ride a few weekends ago to coincide with the Columbia ADV dinner from Lake Murray to downtown Columbia. Hit some dirt roads and then explored the old ruins of the State Mental Health hospital. Pretty creepy, but definitely going back again to explore. Got a video I'm trying to upload to Youtube of that!

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans
dirtysouthjacket is offline   Reply With Quote