View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #204
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 620
Aram - Day 3... 3mo later?!

Okay you FF's look out! I'm back! More adv to share from far off lands outside CA. Found this post in a text file on my desktop. Is there an expiration on RR's? Not when I'm in them. This could take me another 6mo.

-----

Ten hours of sleep. Roughin' it.

Loner, StuCazzo, Tbarstow

So happy with this bike on this trip!!! I started to get bummed out on the last couple Mojave rides, feeling like a pussy trying to keep up with little bikes on this thing, but this last trip allowed the GS to stretch its legs and show me what it's got. I was very impressed and even shocked at times with the handling under full load through extremely rocky climbs, tight forested trails and slippery gravel roads. I have renewed faith in the bike. So much so, that I may be riding to Idaho next month from SoCal.

Anyway, on with the pics...

Forest a la FYYFF.

Yet another beautiful trail to an insane view of the Grand Canyon.

What a great feeling reaching the end of a climb and being presented with these views! It seemed obvious that these were places most people will never know about, with views that easily rival the very best the Canyon has to offer.

Here's a poor shot of that car Browneye was talking about. It looked like they hammered it into some rock steps and blew a tire. The spare was out but the car was already wedged into the hill against the rocks. Impala man... is that you?

NSFW, Tbarstow

There were unusual piles and stacks of giant rocks on the side of the highway.

The boulders dwafed us as we rode by.

Buster714 screwed with this post 07-31-2012 at 06:13 PM Reason: image location update
Buster714 is offline   Reply With Quote