View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo309 View Post
Interesting comparison. I'm thinking about a Silverwing to replace my Reflex. I also have a bv series Piaggio, an '05 bv200. I'd buy a bv350 in a heartbeat but I can't get past the red seat (though I have not seen one in person to really make a true determination). In comparing the bv to the Silverwing mainly on ride quality, how "jarring" is the ride of the Silverwing?
The red seat is more corodvan than really red. It actually looks pretty good on a black scooter, not so sure about the silver combination though. I have seen it in person and if buying a new scoot I'd get the BV 350 because of the longer service intervals and better underseat storage. I'd remove the evac since I'm not in California then it would have serious storage capacity.

Gumshoe, your BV will handle your Pacific Northwest tour easily. I did just over 4,400 miles on my BV 500 this summer going from Breckenridge, CO to Lake Geneva, WI for Amerivespa through the Black Hills. Returning by going around the southern tip of Lake Michigan then taking the Lake Express ferry back to Wi through ND down through Yellowstone, Tetons and Rocky Mountain National Park. I did replace a tire and get an oil change in Lake Geneva but that was just on the routine maintenance schedule. Had I done them before leaving it wouldn't have been needed on the trip. I probably had enough tread left to make it home without swapping out the rear tire but after having had a flat on my last 3,700 mile trip (Scarabeo 500, the BV cousin) I figured it was better to get a new one since it had 7,000 miles on it by the time I swapped it out.

cdwise screwed with this post 07-30-2012 at 09:32 AM Reason: added info for Gumshoe
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote