View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #205
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Bump for this RR.

The riders on these kinds of trips form friendship bonds that last. If you're reading through and think you would like to experience this type of adventure, then continue to prepare and gain skills and be ready for one you can fit with.

This trip could only have been a pipe dream for me just a few years ago. A friend sent me a link of adventure rider photos (ADV Intro) some years ago, and it completely changed my outlook on motorcycling. I knew right away these were the kinds of adventures I wanted to pursue.

The adventures people share on ADVrider don't just happen in a vacuum. It takes years of practice and planning, and preparing yourself and machine for them.

Amen to that... If you're a decent B level rider, you're ready for a trip like this...All it takes is a few PMs to people planning a trip and boom, you're in with a group...
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote