View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #169
Z_HARSH OP
Like margarine?

Oddometer: 421
A Bit of Hope (Pt. 3)

We looked around and decided to figure out how to make it onto the ridge above. We studied the terrain and decided that this would be the best route:

Photobucket

You see it right? No big deal, just a little scree towards the top. Luckily, in Alaska trails are for schmucks.

On the way up, we could have caught some dinner. These little ptarmigan are just a little too confident in their camouflage. Sure it is good, but if I had brought my throwing knife it would have been easy eating, or a lost knife since it has been a while and I am not very practiced.

Photobucket

Then, over the ice and snow we went, actually, we just went around. But, there were some locals that hiked all the way up there with their spiked crampons just the walk around on the little bit of ice. It seemed a little overkill.

Photobucket

It was a decent push to make it to the ridge. The scree fields are always fun, we were careful not to kick rocks down on each other as we climbed up. Before long we were there, and it was immediately apparent that it was well worth the effort.

Photobucket

The Rat was loving it up there too.

Photobucket
SPREAD THE WORD, SAVE OUR SPORT!!
Z_HARSH is offline   Reply With Quote