View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #205
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
So I've been riding my 315 a little more recently, and the flaws in my setup are starting to show. Bike can't stoppie. Front brakes are squishy as hell. Can bring the lever back to the bar. First 1/2" of travel feels good, but it'll sponge back to the bar. I've bled it, and reverse bled it, and it's still mushy. The caliper doesn't feel like it's moving, neither is the brake rotor.

Only thing I can think of is that the steel braided line has collasped, or the MC needs a rebuild. If the pads were hanging up in the caliper, I think I'd see the rotor flex to one side.

Suggestions?

Also, my clutch drags hot or cold. Is it supposed to do that? It looks like the braided line from the clutch MC took a hit and is flattened out a little for 2" or so. Not much, but you can see it. Other things to look at?

Its a 2002-ish model.
For the brakes, my best guess, assuming it's bled well and isn't leaking fluid, is that the MC needs a rebuild.

On the clutch, it shouldn't drag other than when you first get going (it'll be a little stuck after sitting for a while, but should free up with a few seconds of riding). The tessa is super picky about clutch oil, use the stuff the manual calls for and nothing else. It's pricey, but it doesn't take a lot of it and it lasts quite well so the expense is really not all that much. Makes a tremendous diff in how the clutch feels, I was stunned when I swapped out for the good stuff. Prior I figured I'd need new baskets/plates to have the clutch working right, but all it took was that fancy fluid.

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote