View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #75
390beretta
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,130
Man, I am so happy to see this thread. I posted here 2 or 3 months ago and all of the responders were very welcoming, yet I still got the gentle feeling that my '88 K75 didn't qualify to be on this forum, "but what the hell, let's let him in" sort of thing Says a lot for the "flavor" of this forum! Thanks for that.

I'll be following with alacrity, which is what I usually do since I'm 66 yo and have owned 4 BMWs, all airheads, even an R 27, I think when I was a teenager, in addition to that: An R100 RS, R100S, and an R75 way back when. My current K is my first and I'm very impressed. My wife rides a Kawi Versys 650, '05. After I retired from Wells Fargo 3 1/2 years ago, we traveled full time in our 5th wheel trailer. Spent two summers in Buffalo, WY...then we rode (She, a 250 Kawi Super Sherpa and I a DRZ 400) We had no experience in the dirt starting out. Last Summer, we spent in Moab, UT, riding the same bikes and the great off-road trails there. Metal Masher, Schaffer Switchbacks, Poison Spider, etc. Some, not very well, but we learned a lot. We decided that we wanted more comfortable bikes that would allow us to travel pavement and get to interesting things in more comfort, so when we again settled back in the Phx. area, we bought our current bikes. Still miss being able to hop off the pavement though.

Don't want to go on too much, but again, thanks for this thread! I hope to be a frequent participant.
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote