View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #5558
Wisedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennoit View Post
Hi Guys,

I hve been travelling on a honda win for the last four months through vietnam, laos and cambodia (had to sell it).
I will fly to indonesia on the 3th of august to jakarta. I think I want to take a train to yogjakarta and rent/buy a motorbike there. I have to be on bali on the 8th till the 30th of september to meet up with my girlfriend (want to drive on bali with her on the back for short distances), and fly out of jakarta on the 3th of oktober (so will be in a hurry to drop the bike of and get back to jakarta).
Does anybody have any advise on routes to take?
Does anybody have any advice on how to get a bike for this trip? I am looking for an all road bike 200cc, but will consider alternatives if ou think they are better. Unfortunately my budget is rather limited. I/we travel light. Can I rent something like this easily? or are there places where I can buy, and then sell back again?
hope to hear from you!

Grtz Benno
Hi. I suggest u buy used bike in jakarta. Can have a decent bike for under usd 1000 (better bring a local to do the negotiation). For choices, u can have 2004 honda tiger 200cc or 2008 bajaj pulsar 200cc. I would not recommend yamaha scorpio because of problems in the rear shock. Especially if u want to bring someone to ride with u.
for the route, stick to the northern coast route. More civilized and plenty gas station 24hours. But the downside is a bit crowded especially around 16-26 august because a lot of people will be traveling to their hometown (just like christmas time on steroid).
i myself will go to bali on 20th of august but taking the southern route jakarta, bandung, tasikmalaya, kebumen, magelang, jogjakarta, and then going north, solo, magetan, madiun, jombang, mojokerto, pasuruan, probolinggo, situbondo, banyuwangi, cross the strait to bali. Maybe we can meet up in bali, then if possible i would like to see lombok before pushing my ride back to jakarta before 2nd of september.

Wisedog screwed with this post 08-01-2012 at 11:26 AM
Wisedog is offline   Reply With Quote