View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #2551
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by dduelin View Post
Congratulations!

I said the same thing about the seat but that was only the first 50 miles or so. I've had mine a week now. After four rides totaling 450 miles I don't notice the seat at all anymore. I wore jeans that first ride and some Tourmaster mesh pants the other rides. The jeans seemed to bunch up in the front but the riding pants don't. I plan on doing a 400 or 500 mile ride on it Saturday and that will tell me more. I'll take a sheepskin I have with me just in case! I could do 500 or 600 miles on the stock ST1300 seat and had to go to a Sargent to get a 1000 mile in a day seat. Mine came with Metzelers too but the Bridgestone 023 on other 700's are very good tires. I ran a set on my ST1300 and really liked them. I kind of looked forward to 023's again but oh well.
I will probably transition to Michelin Pilot Roads after the Metzelers wear out. We'll see. I run both Metzelers and Pilot Roads on my BMW with good results. I hope I get as lucky as you adapting to the seat, but I am a 600-1000 mile per day rider on long trips so I expect a custom is in order. I am sure the nut can be cracked but they sure would have made it easier with a side gas fill and a one piece seat. Dang 'em!