Thread: Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #5561
bennoit
Bennoit

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisedog View Post
Hi. I suggest u buy used bike in jakarta. Can have a decent bike for under usd 1000 (better bring a local to do the negotiation). For choices, u can have 2004 honda tiger 200cc or 2008 bajaj pulsar 200cc. I would not recommend yamaha scorpio because of problems in the rear shock. Especially if u want to bring someone to ride with u.
for the route, stick to the northern coast route. More civilized and plenty gas station 24hours. But the downside is a bit crowded especially around 16-26 august because a lot of people will be traveling to their hometown (just like christmas time on steroid).
i myself will go to bali on 20th of august but taking the southern route jakarta, bandung, tasikmalaya, kebumen, magelang, jogjakarta, and then going north, solo, magetan, madiun, jombang, mojokerto, pasuruan, probolinggo, situbondo, banyuwangi, cross the strait to bali. Maybe we can meet up in bali, then if possible i would like to see lombok before pushing my ride back to jakarta before 2nd of september.
Hey wisedog,

thanxs for thereply. On what basis do youa advise the northerly route? Nicer scenery or more civilized?
I don't have 1000 dollars to spend on a bike (even if i can sell it afterwards) so will have to look for another option.

grtz!
bennoit is offline   Reply With Quote