Thread: Horsepower
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #12
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,120
I'm really gratified to hear what most of you are saying! My last road bike was an 80s something R100RS. I thought it was fast, had it at 115 indicated a couple times, but it was also smooth and comfortable. My '88 K75 will do about the same top speed with me on it I think, but has a few more horsepower and is even smooother! If one keeps the K75 in the power band, it moves quite well 4500-7000 rpm. It will surprise you (and others) However, I don't do that often because she's old and deserves not to be ridden hard and put away wet, so to speak. The thing I like the best is that she's full capable of cruising at speed 90-110 all day long where conditions allow, and seems to feel better afterwards. I think a lot of folks would scoff at her, compared to more modern sport bikes; I think my wife's Versys 650 would probably run of a bit and leave her 0-80 or so, but top speed, I doubt it. And the Versys would be "panting" after a day at 90+ mph, but then it wasn't built for the autobahn even though it's an '05 with very low miles....not to knock the Versys, it has its points.

I recently put a new shock on the old girl....what a difference, a new model "Progressive"...very nice! Didn't realize how bad the orig. was.
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote