View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #160
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
I'm a bit behind. LA threw me off and by the time I got back it's been a zoo on fire. Now I'm in Rapid City listening to all the hogs 'potato potato potato' into town wishing I had just gone east to avoid all the trailered-in bikers heading to Sturgis. I picked the wrong day to be here.

Anyhow, so after LA (which I'll get to later), I took Tuesday off of work and wanted to head up to Pikes Peak. Flynbulldog offered to take me there via some awesome local backroads.

We met up in I don't know where, gassed up and took off. I normally don't ride with other riders because, 1) I don't know too many; 2) someone always crashes or 3) the ride pace is off. Mr. Bulldog and I have very similar riding styles, though--meaning slow in the straights (mostly) and fast in the turns. Worked out perfectly.

The roads were smooth and mostly car-less, just like most of Colorado mountain asphalt. And the scenery still looked like what it would look like if we were riding tiny motorcycles through a giant model train diorama, complete with trees so perfect they looked fake.

Our intent was to hit up Pikes Peak, but the roads we took were some of the best I've been on anywhere. I kind of wanted to turn around and retrace our steps, but Pikes Peak was calling.

AntiHero screwed with this post 06-21-2014 at 02:07 AM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote