View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #167
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,057
My 'guide' for the day (flynbulldog) offered me a place to stay and dinner after our day of riding. I had an early con call the next morning, but took him up on his offer. The road out to his place was another awesome road (I was really beginning to absolutely love Colorado). Despite being fairly far away from 'civilization', the surroundings had this naturally peaceful effect. It was as if the land around me was sucking all the stress out of my nervous system. Kind of like that feeling you get the second day of a week long vacation on the beach in Mexico or Hawaii, only instead of beaches and sunshine there were rolling green hills, sandstone rock temples and lots of ominous looking clouds. None-the-less, it was serene and peaceful and perfect.

Mr. Bulldog is a fairly private person, so I won't post any pictures of his house, or the absolutely AMAZING view or his garage or 'man cave'. But his garage looked like a Ducati dealership and his 'office' area had two vintage Ducati's and a really cool Honda Tourist Trophy. He's also an amazing photographer and both he and his wife were two of the most genuine, kind and authentic people you could meet. I was fortunate to have them host me and can't thank them enough for their generosity and hospitality. One of the best days of the trip so far!
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote