View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #610
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,377
Everything will be fine for the first two years. Then the attendance falls for the race and the promoters start realizing they are never going to get their investment back. The state money has dried up because a new group of politicians have been elected that want to show how fiscally conservative they are, and why are the good people of Texas paying for a bunch of multi-millionaires to ride around in cars. So the track and the promoters are losing money, lots of money, for every event. They ask Bernie to lower the sanctioning fee during the next round of negotiations. He tells them to pound sand because he doesn't need the Austin track since he has the NY/NJ guys salivating or the Moscow track ready to go. Eccelstone has said many times that F1 does not need a US race.

Then Austin loses the date like Indy did, and Bernie is off chasing a night race in Vietnam. So it can be shown in prime time in Europe.

Just my thoughts.

What were the attendance figures for Indy F1?

I'm just debbie fucking downer today!

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."

wannaklr screwed with this post 08-03-2012 at 02:44 PM
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote