View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #91
bighaasfly
Something to shoot for

Oddometer: 89
Thumb Okay, scootch over. I'm coming too. Subscribed!

I have a simple question and two suggestions.

What camera are you using? Looks like a Nikon point and shoot in the one photo with the rear view mirror but I can't tell the model. STELLAR colors! Are all your shots processed post production or is that right off the camera? Just fantastic photography!

Second, might I suggest an ammendment to your california route. Hwy 20 from just outside Ft Bragg to Willits. Some of the squiggliest bits of tarmac you'll ever see. Then keep going east to Grass Valley and take Hwy 49 to Downieville for lunch. (I rode coast to coast in '92 covering 9000 miles and my favorite stretch was the first 120 miles leading out of Grass Valley.) Keep taking that to Jackson Meadows reservoir (onto dirt there) and take Henness Pass Rd (Forest route 7) east to the Nevada State line. Nice country!!

If you are passing through Minnesota on your way to Toronto, you are welcome to my guest quarters (before sept 5 or after Sept 13) as long as you don't mind cute kids and friendly labs! You can PM me with a weeks notice. If you have to come through during the week of the 5th-13th then you get the couch cause my mother's coming to visit!

Safe travels! Keep the greasy side down!