View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #25
martyman5000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario GS View Post
Marty made his way up to Peterborough yesterday and we headed north through Buckhorn into the Crystal Lake area trails. The trails are very dry and for the most past passable without having to do a lot of deep water crossing so, we explored a couple of new trails to me.

We made our way to Gooderham to buy batteries for my GPS and fluids to re-hydrate with as it was very hot going in the bush. Had lunch and then made our way east to Tory Hill and down the Hadington Rd. with plans to make our way down to the Eels Lake Rd. The Hadington Forest Access Rd. had a few more water crossings which, at one point Marty decided to cool off and take the KLR and himself in for a dip (no pictures available). We got to the east end of the Pencil Lake Rd.\trail and decided to head back west towards Hwy #507 and down to Flynn's Corners to top up with gas and head for home.

We both had a good day of riding and will have to arrange a group ride in the near future to go exploring in the area.
I'm working on fixing my power issues for my GPS and will buy a 13 or 14 sprocket for next time...John can answer the question about the if a GS1150 could do the trails, If my bike weighed 100lbs less I wouldn't complain. And I was 90% dry after falling down by the time I got home ; ) that had to be one of the warmest days I've experienced in Ontario.
martyman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote