View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #47
gumshoe4 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 818
Good morning.

Can't say that I've had that experience with my SWing, Tacoma. As with every motorcycle, including, I'm sure, the TMax, there are good parts and not so good parts. The SWing has been an excellent bike...very reliable, fairly easy to do routine maintenance on, good power, handles well, lots of cargo space, etc.

I don't think I said anywhere that the BV was better than the SWing-in fact, I made a point of noting that the SWing had done sterling service for me and that they were different bikes for different uses.

I also did not say that the Burgman 650 was a bad bike...in fact, I specifically stated that both Burgs had superior ergos to the SWing. I pointed out only that there was a body of information out there...submitted by the owners themselves...that the B650's transmission was sometimes not reliable and very expensive to repair.

I have not ridden a TMax, so I'll leave commentary on that machine to you...although I see you've made similar commentary regarding that machine on other threads. Nothing wrong with being loyal to your machine, but I generally base my views on my machines on my uses of them and I try to be pretty objective about it and back up what I'm saying with some factual information.

Appreciate the comments. Hope you've gained something useful out of this writeup...if not, I'll try to do better but remain true to the goal of being factual and objective...at least as much as possible...