View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #94
G.Kennedy

Oddometer: 1,849
I have ridden section hundred's of times in the last 25 years. Here is my take on it.

Some of the things have been mentioned. Rock Store is only 2 miles down hill. So many stop there. Have coffee. Look at bikes. Then ride on with now cool tires.

The Snake is mostly 2nd gear with one spot that I go for 3rd. Until this corner. Which is 3rd gear for me. The corner is very easy. It has good vision. Nicely banked. Until the end, where it is flat and leads to a 1/4 mile straight. It is fairly polished asphalt.

So these guys( and gals) come screaming up it in 2nd. Finally get a 3rd gear corner. They really want to get on it and get there chance as the corner goes into the straight. So they send all 130hp to the earth. But the cold tires and the polished pavement and the lean angle just don't add up.

I ride up there. If my only day off is a weekend. Then I'll go early and get out of there before the chaos. There are 1000's of other turns up there that are better than this one. I ride those.

The Crest. I will not go there on a weekend. But on a weekday. That is heaven on earth. My first choice is a weekday ride on the Crest.

Oh. Lookie there. I have this Thursday off. You know where to find me.

EDIT: just went and looked at some of the crashing vids. Of the 4 I watched. 3 of the bikes had dealer placards. Not even plated. And there are tons of videos with great riders not crashing.
IBA#11791

G.Kennedy screwed with this post 08-06-2012 at 06:15 AM
G.Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote