View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #18
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
Had the opportunity to use these two bikes back to back today; the Versys felt much more muscular, had a better saddle, never approached redline even while hammering, RPM 5K at 80, very impressive. The Honda was smoother, but I hit the rev limiter leaving the parking lot, and I don't usually have any problems short shifting. The braking was actually a little better than the VS, despite having one disc up front, but the seat needs help, tended to push me up on the tank and felt thin in the padding department. The NT has a plastic tank, can't use a magnetic bag, but probably don't need one with the massive storage area. I thought there would be a more pronounced difference with the NT carrying its fuel under the saddle, but both bikes felt the same despite both carrying full loads of petrol. Even though I'm a huge fan of Honda fit and finish,(owned and loved a NH 750 and a 919), the Versys felt more like a real motorcycle, yMMV. I could see either bike tackling dirt roads with a set of 705, though the plastic skid plate on the NC was a little less substantial as well.
Sounds like a good mini-comparo to me.
The Kawasaki feels heavier to me, even if it isn't.

And Honda brakes are a lot better.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote