View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #23
BMWzenrider OP
The Road Scholar

Oddometer: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOISBEST View Post
I find this hub arrangement quite interesting. I have 2005 K1200LT, with four wheell lugs and one center lug. Your words indicate that this will work with LT, however the hub arrangement would look a slightly different. I would like to install the hub arrangement on my bike. Are you still deploying new ones ?
When I mentioned my adapter hub being able to work on LATER model K-bikes, that means the ones with the open center final drive only.
Not the K1200LT, sorry.

The basic design for the K-LT is the same, but as you pointed out it is a four-bolt hub rather than the five-bolt hub on later models. However, unlike most of the R-bikes which use the K-LT final drive, the LT has a brake rotor/tone-ring which stays on the final drive when the wheel is removed. That makes it MUCH easier and less expensive to do a wheel conversion.

Claude Stanley ("Claude" over in the Hacks forum) has done numerous wheel conversions for the K1200LT.
If you are interested, just drop him a PM or look up his webpage to contact him directly.
http://www.freedomsidecars.com/

Claude is a great guy and will be able to get you set up!
Hope this helps.
2002 BMW R1150RA
In Memoriam: Harley, 1993-2010 You will be missed.
BMWzenrider is offline   Reply With Quote