View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #51
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
It's amazing how this thread got to page 4 and barely anyone answered the original poster's question: Has anyone ridden one of these yet? Everyone has there opinion of what it might or might not be able to do, but most have not even ridden one.

I've put 50 miles on dealer demo DCT NC700x's, and 400 miles on the manual transmission NC700X that I bought a week ago. The DCT works very well for a computer controlled transmission, but the manual version was more to my liking.

It is a fun bike to ride, with a great engine and very good street bike handling. It balances extremely well at low speeds. I really like it. The only "sore" spot I've found is the seat may need an upgrade at some point, but I'll give it a chance.

Gas mileage from the first tank run in very conservative riding style was 77.5 MPG.

I see this bike as a great commuter, local back roads play bike, and a weekend day trip machine. I'd say it's a modern day Universal Japanese Motorcycle with adventure bike clothing. The market surely needs this right now. The fact that it just looks like an adventure bike does not necessarily promise that it is one or that it ever claimed to be one.

Greg
You don't give your location, so....is that 77.5 mpg imperial gallons or US gallons?
"If I was in a hurry, I'd left earlier."
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote