View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #3436
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Thanks LukasM, I ordered one of those fans. Im not much of an electrical genius,I wonder how one fan can draw 8 watts,while one that looks pretty similar draws 35 watts? Dirttricks claims their fan can run the whole time the bike is running with out drawing the battery down.
That sounds good to me,I would rather not change out stators as stock is often the best.
We shall see.
The KTM fan is a more heavy duty version that flows a lot of air (you can easily hear it with the engine running), 124 cfm at 1.9 amps, so even more at full power. The DT one appears to be a simple 12V computer fan which must flow a lot less. I am sure it helps but there is no way it will work as well because of the differences in power draw and output.

In the case of stators Trailtech actually makes a product that is better than KTM, both from a reliability as well as functionality point of view. You can see that even KTM has realized this, this is why you can buy repackaged TT stators through the official KTM Hard Parts catalog.

You can try the DT fan but for tight and slow single track with no air flow through the rads I'd recommend the 100W DC system upgrade and the KTM fan, this will leave some head room for heated grips, HID/LED lights, etc.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote