View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #41
Dieselboy
Journey not Destination

Oddometer: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
Folks:

As some of you already know, I have been talking to Electrosport about the stator issues with our bikes and fed them the technical details of the issue some months back - I just got word from my contact there as to the results of the testing of their prototype replacement stator unit -- engineered to overcome the defects in the OEM unit. Here's what he says:

Testing went well and we're making a good sized (production) batch. We are hoping to have them available in a few weeks for regular sale. We changed the winding set up and a lowered internal resistance of the wire/winding which helps a lot in keeping the stator cooler.

Procom Engineering / ElectroSport
66 Maxwell, Irvine, CA 92618
PH: (949) 748-6338
www.electrosport.com
info (at) electrosport.com

I don't want to post his name here on open forum but he is the guy that answers queries to the e-mail address above... or you can PM me for his name. I'm just a bit nervous about posting it publicly. For those of us out of warranty, I think this could be a very good option ... prices are not available as yet, but should be less than $150 USD.

Jim

PS: Just for the record: I have no affiliation or financial relationship with Electrosport

Good news, but will the change in windings affect the overall output or will be still have the same amount of juice?

EDIT: Just checked their website....still nothing posted.

Dieselboy screwed with this post 08-09-2012 at 06:39 AM
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote