Old 08-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #503
scotty.ie
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatwhacker View Post
Hey man.
Just got word of this. I'm from Ireland and don't even consider Dublin as part of Ireland. Dirty scum bags.

I'd be surprised if you see the bike again. www.Donedeal.ie is where it might turn up but more likely ebay for drug money in parts.

I'm back in a few days if you need help locating another steed. I have an Africa twin back there at the moment you can use to get around on and a KLR on the way in a shipping container. Get the fuck out of Dublin anyway for a start before they steal anything else from you. There is a friend of mine in Limerick, a farmer, lives in a big house on his own, not a biker but it will be a place to crash for a week or so till I get back.
I going to put some feelers out in the "underground" back there in the meantime. There are a few places, one I know of, that your bike may be fenced off to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoged View Post
Noah,
My heart goes out to you

It looks like Dublin is a shitheap according to the Irish bike site listed above and that particular area is a haven for crime....

I wish you well with your next steps of the "adventure"
Well here are two well balanced posts. For the record, Dublin is not a shithole. Its the same as every Capitol city ....... It has it's bad areas. As for wheatwhackers comments, this chap is from Limerick, crime centre of Ireland and also known as stab city . Anyway, I met Noah today and extended the friendly hand of Ireland to him. His bike is in the possession of a group of joy riders in a tough neighbourhood and the cops have advised all concerned not to attempt to retrieve it. His story has gone viral here and a lot of bikers have offered to meet up with him for coffee etc to help. I have access to a car workshop near where the bike is so if it's recovered he can use the facilities. So, in closing..... Dublin is not a dump. We are friendly. And we will try to help him.
scotty.ie is offline   Reply With Quote