View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #418
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dave View Post
Well, they stuck me then. They tagged me for 75 bucks to ship a front and rear 07 to Nashville, TN. 304.90 for two tires shipped.....
Gotta love cross border distribution, not

My last two tires shipped cost $139 for both --- those were an IRC TR8 front and D606 rear.

And yes, I bought them stateside. Shipping was free, as in zilcho, zippo, zero dollars.

Mitas tires might be good, but they aren't that good. Shoot, I can go down to my local beemer dealer and get a "deal" on a set of TKC80s that comes in at about $304. Why, I bet you could get a set of Heidenau K60 Scouts for less money if you looked around. And I bet Mefo Explorers would come in around the same price too.

Mitas might want to take not that they are pricing themselves right out of competition.

My suggestion, just get something like the T63 and run with it...it's a solid commuter with very capable off-road manners and if you are on a 19 inch front try the Shinko SR241 Trials tire in 3.5x19. It has been working great as a go to block tire on my little f650gs. The 3.5x19 will work great on the big bore GS too but I'm not sure if it's tube type or tubeless.

Seriously. I don't know why anyone messes with out of country distributors. It's a hassle and you end up paying through the nose for tires when there are lots of great options and deals just waiting to be plucked from home grown sources.

Flashback screwed with this post 08-11-2012 at 12:46 AM
Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote